Thursday, April 26, 2018

Kachka: A Return to Russian Cooking Kindle Edition by Bonnie Frumkin Morales and , Deena Prichep (Flatiron Books) (IBRCookBooks)

Kachka: A Return to Russian Cooking by [Morales, Bonnie Frumkin, Prichep, Deena]
Since I have bought this cookbook I have made many recipes from it. The book is written with considerate clarity and the recipes though simple always yield deliciously comforting results. My favorites from Kachka are the pelmeni recipes. If you are like me, the idea of making your own dough for dumplings sounds awfully overwhelming. However, Morales promises so convincingly that a homemade dough is far better than anything you can find at the store and her instructions on how to roll out your own dough are straightforward and foolproof.

The ingredients lists are often short and simple. At times the recipes may recommend a trip to a Russian grocery store to find items, although clear instruction is usually given on how to select more obscure products or find substitutions.

There are many more recipes I can't wait to try. I've sampled a little of every chapter and can say that from appetizers to the sweets, everything was easy to understand and could be whipped up without too much stress even in my small apartment kitchen. The recipes feel like the kind that I will turn to again and again for any occasion whether you are entertaining, or looking to stockpile your freezer with homemade goods which can be made in an instant later. I highly recommend Kachka to cooks of all skill levels wanting to explore Russian cooking!

I was not paid for this review and have no affiliation with the author. I love cookbooks and review and write about them. Check out my instagram @theReadingCook for more photos and information about my experiences with Kachka.

Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment